Thinking about your next Top End escape? Look no further than Corroboree Houseboats - your gateway to an unforgettable adventure.
Whether you're a seasoned sailor or a first-time enthusiast, Corroboree Houseboats promises an experience like no other. From the comfort of your floating home-away-from-home, you'll discover Corroboree Billabong and all the natural wonders that these pristine waters have to offer.
Find yourself standing on the deck of your very own floating oasis, and the only decision you need to make is whether to cast your fishing line, sip on a glass of wine, or simply bask in the breathtaking serenity.
Planning your trip
Corroboree Houseboats has five houseboat options, as well as daily boat hire if you don't have time to spare for an overnight trip. Each houseboat has separate bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, and private decking, and are all designed with your comfort and safety in mind.
Meet the fleet
- Carol - whether it be exploring, fishing, or sightseeing, do it from the comfort of your own houseboat. Sleeping up to six guests, Carol has two bedrooms and one bathroom. Cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner on your own barbeque, and enjoy it on your own private decking.
- Janine - cruise along the Corroboree Billabong in your own house on the water. Sleeping up to six guests, Janine has two bedrooms and one bathroom. Cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner on your own barbeque, and enjoy it on your own private decking.
- Jodie - enjoy a holiday exploring Corroboree Billabong. Sleeping up to six guests, Jodie has two bedrooms and one bathroom. Cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner on your own barbeque, and enjoy it on your own private decking.
- Joyce - explore, fish, and see Corroboree Billabong in the comfort of your own houseboat. Sleeping up to six guests, Joyce has two bedrooms and one bathroom. Cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner on your own barbeque, and enjoy it on your own private decking.
- Ulindi - sleeping up to six guests, Ulindi has two bedrooms and one bathroom. Cook breakfast, lunch and dunner on your own barbeque and enjoy it on your own private decking.
Corroboree Houseboats is about 110km from Darwin and will take you about 90 minutes to get there. We recommend staying a minimum of two nights to ensure you have time to relax and enjoy the thrill of the Corroboree Billabong.
*Please note Corroboree Houseboats are only available in the dry season, April - October each year.
Preparing for your trip
Now that you've booked your trip and the excitement is starting to build, it's time to start preparing for your stay.
What to bring?
- Food - plan ahead and gather all the food necessary for the duration of your trip. You won't feel limited when it comes to meal preparation on board. Our houseboats are equipped with fully furnished kitchens, complete with an oven, stovetop, and even an outdoor BBQ on the deck.
- Drinks - don't forget to stock up your fridge on board with your drink of choice. Feel free to bring your own esky for extra room.
- Fishing gear - Corroboree Billabong consistently delivers great Barramundi fishing. If you don't have your own fishing gear, don't worry! Hire fishing gear from our team on arrival.
- Insect repellents, sunscreen
- Board games, books - bring whatever you need to relax and unwind.
- Sense of adventure - the most important of all!
- For our houseboat hires, check-in is available from 12pm - 2pm.
- There is no license required to captain the vessel and we provide an extensive lesson on arrival, including how to navigate the billabong, safety and more. The houseboats must be driven by an adult 21 years or older.
Enjoying your trip
Embrace the art of leisure aboard a Corroboree Houseboat, where every moment becomes a cherished memory. Whether you're relishing the tranquility of Corroboree Billabong, trying our hand at Barramundi fishing, or simply savouring quality time with loves ones against the backdrop of breathtaking sunsets, your journey promises a symphony of relaxation and adventure.
What to do aboard?
- Sit back, relax and soak in the serenity of the Corroboree Billabong
- Cast a line and try your luck at catching dinner
- Catch every sunrise, watch every sunset from the comfort of your own deck
- Spot wildlife, including saltwater crocodiles, various bird species and wild pigs
- Enjoy quality time with friends and family
Important things to note
- Be croc wise - the houseboats are crocodile safe as they are fully caged however we are in crocodile country so it's important we abide by croc safe rules
- Our team is available for 24-hour support via a two-way radio